Review Writing Scholarship
The Wiser Buyer - Rewarding Excellence in Product Research and Review Writing
About The Scholarship
In the current digital era, the Internet is an increasingly important source of information. Whether for academic research, wikis, or how-to guides, the world wide web is often the primary reference for both professionals and consumers.
With the explosion in online information, there is an increasing need to:
- Separate good versus bad content, such as real news vs fake news.
- Provide quality curated content.
The Wiser Buyer specializes in articles with 5-10 recommended products for buyers who are searching for product information online. Each article consists of shortlisted products within a category, reviews based on curated research, and several recommended products to help consumers make informed buying decisions.
We believe the skills that will be used in this scholarship are complementary to, and help develop the research and writing skills that are fundamental to university education.
- $1000 USD for the best article submitted annually.
- Opportunity to be offered future paid writing projects.
- Students with good English language writing ability.
- PayPal account for receiving scholarship award payment.
How To Apply
- Select a product type from the Article Ideas list below and write an article with the title "Best XYZ", where XYZ is the product type. For example, "Best Air Purifiers" or "Best Bathroom Faucets".
- Email your submission to email@example.com with the following details:
- Full Name
- Telephone Number
- Email Address
- School you are enrolled in
- Proof of student status (attach image of student ID or registration document)
- Attach the article in Word .doc format
- The deadline for article submission is November 1 every year. This is a yearly recurring scholarship.
- The article should be in .doc format.
- 1200 to 5000 words. We will prioritize quality of content and readability over length. Please do not stuff or pad an article just to meet the word count.
- Easy to read, conversational tone.
- Include references, using links for online sources such as industry websites, and Amazon product pages.
- Article Content Structure should follow this outline:
- Title (Best XYZ)
- Short introduction about the product type and why someone would want it, how it helps make life easier/better, reliable brands, etc.
- 5 to 10 recommended products with individual product reviews of 250-500 words each. (Tip: Shortlist products by looking at Amazon bestseller lists, wish lists and products with many good customer reviews.)
- All products reviewed must be available on Amazon.com.
- The recommended products must have a variety of best choices that cater to buyers with different budgets (low, best value, high-end) and needs (features, size, portability, range, color, design, etc.).
- Each product review should be structured as follows:
- Product title/name - outstanding feature or recommendation (for example: Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum - Best Wireless Gaming Mouse or TP-Link Archer C7 - Best Wireless Router Under $100)
- Product description
- Main reasons/features that make it a good choice.
- Any negative points or issues.
- Specifications (if applicable).
- Verdict: Concluding paragraph that reiterates the main selling point such as budget or specific usage features. (For example, budget focus: "If you're on a tight budget, the XYZ is the best espresso machine under $100", or, "if money is not an issue and you're looking for a dishwasher with the best performance and features, then the XYZ is the ultimate in it's class." And form/function focus: "With it's compact footprint, the Monoprice Select Mini 3D Printer is a great choice for small spaces. It also comes completely assembled so you can use it straight out of the box without having to mess with DIY assembly. To top it off, this 3D printer is available at a great pocket-friendly price!")
- Summary list of Pros and Cons - a few key bullet points each.
- The last part of the article may consist of any or all of the following:
- How to guide (For example: How to Choose an XYZ - Main Features to Look Out For. Then explain the main features to look out for.)
You may submit one or more articles on any of the following product types:
- Best 3D Printers (budget, size, features, etc.)
- Best Ice Makers (budget, capacity - pounds per day, size - counter top, portable, etc.)
- Best Food Vacuum Sealers (budget, size, etc.)
- Best Meat Grinders (budget, electric vs manual, etc.)
- Best Sous Vide Cooker (Compare immersions circulators vs water ovens and review several of each type)
- Best Home Safes (budget, size, features - fireproof, waterproof, biometric, number or key lock, etc.)
- Best Wireless Routers (budget, speed, range, ease of use, applications - for gaming, streaming videos, large house, many users, etc.)
- Best Wireless MESH Networking System (budget, ease of use, range, speed, etc.)
- Best Body Fat Scales (budget, weight limit, etc.)
- Best Cold Press Slow Juicers (budget, etc.)
- Best Humidifiers (budget, features, etc.)
- Best Dehumidifiers (budget, features, capacity, etc.)
- Best Beverage Cooler Refrigerators (budget, size, capacity, energy efficiency, etc.)
- Best Wine Cooler Refigerators (budget, size, capacity, etc.)
- Best Cordless Stick Vacuums (budget, battery life, features - wet/dry, pet dander, etc.)
- Best Rebounders (budget, colors, features - handrail, weight capacity, ease of potability, etc.)
- Best Trampolines (budget, size, indoor, outdoor, etc.)
- Best Countertop Dishwashers (budget, features, capacity, etc.)
- Best Portable Dishwashers (budget, size, capacity, etc.)
- Best Food Dehydrators (budget, features, capacity, etc.)
You may also write an article on other product types. If you would like to write on a product that is not in the list above, please email your product idea to firstname.lastname@example.org for approval before you start writing.
By submitting your article(s), you agree to our terms and conditions.